- Saute onion in 2 T olive oil on med heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and rosemary. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, garbanzo beans and bay leaves, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat until beans are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, cooked andouie sausage and chopped kale. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add salt, cracked pepper, soy sauce and a light squeeze of lemon. Taste for salt ( I ended up using a total of 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt).
Remember, the rosemary croutons will add a lot of flavor and lovely texture!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl mix the oil, garlic and rosemary.
- Brush on both sides of bread and stick on a baking sheet in oven until crisp and golden about 15-20 minutes.