Deeply nourishing and incredibly delicious, these vibrnt Indian recipes are richly spiced and full of authentic flavor. You may be surprised at how easy it can be to make your favorite Indian dishes at home!
- 7–8 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed.
Indian Tempering Oil:
- Bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add rice and simmer gently at a low boil, uncovered over medium heat until rice is just perfectly tender- check at 8-10 minutes, and continue cooking if need be. Keep in mind brown rice will take longer.
- Drain, and let stand over a strainer for 5 minutes.
- Feel free to place it back in the pot and cover until ready to serve.
- Optional Indian Tempering oil: Heat ghee over medium heat. Add seeds, salt and leaves, and saute until seeds begin to crackle- about 30-60 seconds. Turn heat off.
- Place rice in a serving dish and spoon tempering oil over top.
- Serve immediately!
For more details go to Perfect Basmati Rice
- Serving Size: ¾ cup ( including the ghee tempering oil)
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 111.6 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: best indian recipes, perfect basmati rice, indian recipes, vegetarian indian recipes,