Roasted Garlic and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes – a lightened up, healthy version of mashed potatoes that is creamy, delicious and full of flavor! Vegan adaptable!
- 2 lbs potatoes (small red, white or yukon, scrubbed, skins on)
- ½ cup sour cream, more to taste ( or vegan sour cream)
- 2–4 tablespoons butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2–3 teaspoons granulated garlic (or use 8–12 whole roasted garlic cloves, mashed )
- 1 T prepared horseradish, or fresh grated to taste (optional)
- Cut potatoes in half (or cut to an inch thick) and cover with water, in a medium pot. Add a generous pinch salt. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on medium low heat, about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain well. Place them back in the pot, mash well, then using the masher, whisk in the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic option of choice, and optional horseradish. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Go here to make ROASTED GARLIC
NOTE: Because these are lighter in the fat, it’s best to serve these right away….they don’t hold as long, and may dry out if held too long. Serve them freshly made.
Keywords: mashed potatoes, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, horseradish mashed potatoes, healthy mashed potatoes,vegan mashed potatoes