Pick out a few recipes to create a Mexican Feast. Here are a few tips:
- Keep it simple and only pick out a few things! You don’t want to be so exhausted with cooking that you don’t enjoy the party!
- Make whatever you can, ahead!
- Enlist friends to make or bring some of the sides.
- Remember to add flavorful condiments and sauces ( most can be made ahead).
- Plan to be done cooking one hour before your party and make yourself a drink. Take a breath and relax.
- An old catering/ restaurant trick: If your legs are tired from all the standing, cooking and cleaning, lay on the floor on your back, with legs up the wall for 10 minutes before the party. It will totally revive you!
- One of the easiest things to make is a Taco Bar! Many things can be prepped ahead. Grill meat or fish the day of. Guests can make tacos or bowls that they can assemble themselves. Sometimes I’ll even ask my friends to each bring one item! Fun and easy.