- 1/2 of a rustic bread loaf, about 4 slices, cut into 1 ” slices (smaller is fine if your loaf is pre-sliced)
- 3 bell peppers varies colors, cutting so there is more flat surface area to grill, about 4 pieces per pepper
- 1 sweet onion, slice in 1/2″ thick rings
- 15 oz white beans, drained
- 15 oz artichoke hearts in water, drained and sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Brush olive oil on all sides of peppers and onions. Sprinkle with salt just before placing on a preheated hot grill.
- Grill until peppers and onions are lightly charred on both sides and the bread slices are toasty on both sides. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the vinaigrette.
- Drain white beans and place in a bowl with artichoke hearts.
- Add half of the vinaigrette and toss together.
- Cut grilled vege and bread into bite-sized chunks and toss in bowl along with fresh basil leaves.
- Taste and add more dressing and salt and pepper as needed.
You may have dressing left over. It is great on a green salad, steamed greens, grilled veggies!
Add chèvre or kalamata olives.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: bread salad, tuscan bread salad, grilled bread salad, vegan bread salad, bread salad with grilled veggies, Panzanella salad