A flavorful Grilled Indonesian Style Chicken
- 2 – 2 ½ lbs Chicken ( bone-less, skin-less chicken thighs)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sliced fresh Ginger
- ¼ C sriracha sauce
- ¼ C fish sauce
- ½ C brown sugar
- ¼ C rice wine vinegar
- ⅛ C vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid Amino
- ¼ C Sambal Olek ( red chili paste) plus 1 -2 T more for extra spicy.
- 8–10 Pre-soaked Skewers ( optional)
- Garnish Options: crushed roasted Peanuts, fresh mint leaves, sliced scallions
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces ( to skewer) or leave whole and place them in a gallon zip lock bag or bowl.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, except Sambal Olek ( or red chili paste) in a blender, and blend until smooth. Stir in chili paste, to combine. Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for 15 minutes or overnight.
- Pre -heat the grill to med-high.
- Skewer chicken ( or leave whole)
- Pour the left over marinade into a small pot, bring to a simmer, and simmer on low for 5-10 mins, until thickened and reduced. You will use it to baste the chicken.
- Place chicken on a hot, preheated, greased grill. Cover. Cook 5 minutes or longer until deep grill marks appear. Turn over, baste, cover. Once you’ve got a good sear on both sides, and both sides are basted, turn heat to low, or move to upper rack and continue cooking through.
- Serve with Thai Crunch Salad, or garnish with fresh mint, scallions and crushes roasted peanuts.