Grilled potato salad with black garlic vinaigrette – a lightened up potato salad perfect for outdoor gatherings. For extra richness, serve with a dilled sour cream… on the side. ( see notes)
- 24 oz = 1 ½ lbs baby potatoes
- 4 cloves black garlic
- 4 T oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T chives
- 2–3 T fresh dill, cilantro, Italian parsley or tarragon.
Optional Dill Cream:
- Preheat grill to med high heat.
- Blanch potatoes in salted boiling water, until just tender, about 10-15 minutes, depending on size.
- Mash black garlic with a fork with salt and 1 T oil, until it become a chunky paste. Add the remaining oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Strain the tender potatoes, and toss with 1 T of the vinaigrette, just enough to lightly coat. Grill the potatoes until nicely charred. Toss with the rest of the vinaigrette, and fresh herbs.
Option – Serve with dilled sour cream.
Keywords: grilled potato salad, potato salad, vegan potato salad