- 8–12 ounces salmon (skinless), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2–1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili flakes (Aleppo or Urfa Biber is good here)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme ( or rosemary, sage, Italian seasoning)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
Bowl Ingredients (enough for 2 large bowls)
- 2 cups cooked rice (basmati, or other cooked grain, or cooked cauliflower rice)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half (or sub-cooked beets, diced)
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup olives- kalamata, or greek
- 1–2 cups greens – arugula, spinach, romaine, etc.
- 1/2 cup tzatziki (or hummus) store-bought or homemade
- optional additions: fresh herbs (mint, dill or Italian parsley), feta, avocado, micro greens, pickled onions
Lemony Greek Dressing:
- Set the rice to cook and make the Greek Dressing (just whisk together in a small jar or bowl).
- Cut salmon and sprinkle with salt, pepper and all the spices.
- Cook Salmon: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, sear the seasoned salmon for a few minutes. Feel free to add more paprika if you want more color. Turn oven to sear the other side. Turn heat off. (See notes for baking.)
- Assemble Bowls: Divide the rice (warm or chilled) between bowls. ( Shallow bowls work nicely here.) Divide and arrange the greens, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, salmon (warm or chilled) and a dollop of tzatziki. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, microgreens, avocado, etc, or your choice of toppings.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of dressing over the whole bowl, including the salmon.
Feel free to use other fish or tofu, seasoning the same way. Seasoned, pan-seared chickpeas would work too.
If making for a large group, bake the salmon. Toss salmon carefully with olive oil, coating well, then sprinkle with salt and spices. Aim for 3/4 teaspoons salt per pound of salmon. Spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan, and bake in a 350F oven until cooked through. Broil for a couple of minutes. Salmon can be served warm or chilled.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 534
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 1111.3 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.3 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 32.7 g
- Cholesterol: 60.7 mg
Keywords: Salmon bowl, Mediterranean salmon bowl, greek salmon bowl, salmon rice bowl,