Brussel Sprout Hash with Shrimp and Furikake -a quick and healthy Japanese-inspired meal that can be made in under 30 minutes, a delicious weeknight dinner! Gluten-free, Low carb, Paleo!
- 1 lb thinly sliced Brussel Sprouts
- ½ an onion ( white, yellow or sweet) thinly sliced
- 1 ½ T olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 8–10 oz large shrimp or prawns -raw or cooked, peeled and deveined (or Tofu, cubed)
- drizzle of toasted sesame oil
- 2–3 teaspoons Furikake (available at Asian markets and upscale grocery stores)
- chili flakes, chili threads, or sriracha sauce
Thinly slice onions and brussel sprouts.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, and saute, stirring often until just tender about 2-3 minutes. Add brussel sprouts, turn heat down to medium, and saute until just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. You want them to be wilted, not overly cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
Make a well in the middle of the pan, and add prawns, and a little drizzle of sesame oil, and continue stirring the shrimp until cook through, about 3-4 minutes. Stir everything together, season with Furikake spice blend, taste, adjust salt if necessary. I usually add a generous pinch more. Divide in bowls and sprinkle with a little more Furikake, and chili flakes (or siracha sauce) and chop sticks.
To make Furikake Seasoning -mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Store in airtight container.
Keywords: brussel sprout hash, stir fry brussel sprouts, stir fried brussel sprouts, brussel sprouts hash, shredded brussel sprouts