A simple recipe for Blistered Shishito Peppers- a fast and easy appetizer that comes together in under 15 minutes!
- 4–6 cups shishito peppers (12–16 ounces)
- 2–3 teaspoons peanut oil– or high heat oil (coconut, avocado, wok oil)
- 5-finger pinch of salt
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional, or use GF Braggs)
- 1–3 teaspoons Furikake seasoning (or use Everything Spice, or toasted sesame seeds , pepper and chili flakes)
Toss the Shishito peppers with the oil and salt to lightly coat.
Heat an extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and let them blister, tossing every 3 minutes or so, until most sides are blistered and blackened and the peppers just begin to soften.
Set the peppers aside on a plate and quickly crisp the garlic in the same pan over medium heat, adding a little more oil if necessary, letting them get golden and fragrant. Add the peppers back into the pan to warm. Turn heat off.
One out of ten peppers can be spicy, but most are mild. 🙂
- Serving Size: 6 peppers
Keywords: blistered Shishitos, Shishito peppers recipe, blistered Shishito peppers, Shishito peppers, how to cook Shishito peppers