Zucchini Scallion Pancakes are so simple and so satisfying! Easy to whip together in just minutes. Serve as an appetizer or light meal with a quick dipping sauce and kimchi. Vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons gochujang hot pepper paste (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in thin strips or grated or spiralized
- 1 bunch scallions, slice in quarters long ways, creating strips about 4–5 inches long
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds, untoasted
- avocado oil or other high heat cooking oil
- Mix together water, rice flour, eggs, gochujang, mirin, white pepper, and salt. Set aside to hydrate while you prepare the veggies.
- Mix prepared veggies into the rice flour batter.
- Heat a cast iron or other non-stick pan to medium high heat, oil the pan with a teaspoon or so of oil. Use tongs to place battered veggies onto the pan, spreading out so they are not piled on each other. Spoon on batter to fill in any holes. Keeping it thin and no bigger then 7 inches.
- Sprinkle on a teaspoon of sesame seeds. Cook for 3 minutes per side. After flipping, press pancake down with a metal spatula to flatten and cook more evenly on the underside.
- Serve with kimchi and dipping sauce.