- 3 1/2 cups zucchini, 1 lb grated zucchini, about 350 grams when squeezed
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, 240 grams
- 1 cup coconut sugar (see note on sugar)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, or walnuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment or oil.
- Grate the zucchini set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, rosemary, and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl whisk orange juice (squeezed from the orange you zested), oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Gently squeeze out excess moisture from zucchini. This works well in a dish towel or just press in a colander.
- Mix together with the egg mixture. Add flour ingredients mix until just combined. Add nuts, leaving them whole if desired, they will get chopped up as you slice the finished loaf.
- Pour batter into your pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes until done. The middle should read 200 degrees on a thermometer.
Freezes well! Let cool completely, seal completely in plastic wrap. Keeps “fresh” in freezer at least up to 6 months.
Keywords: Zucchini Bread, how to make zucchini Bread,