This healthy wholesome zucchini bread is tender and full of flavor. Made with whole wheat pastry flour and coconut sugar with a touch of orange and rosemary, packing a whole pound of zucchini in one loaf!
- 3 1/2 cups zucchini, 1 lb grated zucchini, about 350 grams when squeezed
- 2 1/2 cups flour- or try whole wheat pastry flour, 240 grams
- 1 cup sugar- or try coconut sugar (see note on sugar)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, or walnuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment or oil.
- Grate the zucchini set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, rosemary, and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl whisk orange juice (squeezed from the orange you zested), oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Gently squeeze out excess moisture from zucchini. This works well in a dish towel or just press in a colander.
- Mix together with the egg mixture. Add flour ingredients mix until just combined. Add nuts, leaving them whole if desired, they will get chopped up as you slice the finished loaf.
- Pour batter into your pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes until done. The middle should read 200 degrees on a thermometer.
This bread is not very sweet! Add more sweetener if desired! Coconut sugar is less sweet than cane sugar. Use the same amount of cane sugar for a sweeter bread or add more coconut sugar.
Freezes well! Let cool completely, seal completely in plastic wrap. Keeps “fresh” in freezer at least up to 6 months.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 20.6 g
- Sodium: 300.5 mg
- Fat: 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 37.2 mg
Keywords: Zucchini Bread, how to make zucchini Bread,