Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad with Sweet Chili Vinaigrette
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad – loaded up with fresh veggies and herbs! This vegan- adaptable salad is bursting with flavor and sooooo healthy, delicious and light!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Salad, vegan, gluten free, pasta salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- 1/3 cup rice vine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar, coconut sugar, or honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce (or use vegan fish sauce, or salt to taste then add a tiny drizzle of soy sauce, or liquid aminos)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup red onion, sliced very thin- or use a shallot (or sub quick pickled onions, added later with herbs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4–5 ounces uncooked rice vermicelli noodles, bean thread noodles or “sea tangle” ( clear kelp noodles)
- 2 cups julienned carrot
- 2 cups julienned cucumber
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil- optional- see notes
- * feel free to sub other veggies for the carrots and cucumber- like zucchini noodles, red bell, turnip, kohlrabi, radishes.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring to a simmer, simmer five minutes and place in the fridge to cool.
- Cook the noodles according to directions. If using sea kelp noodles, no need to cook.
- Place drained rinsed noodles in a large bowl and top with veggies and herbs.
- Toss well. Add the the chilled dressing and herbs, tossing again.
- Top with crushed roasted peanuts.
- For extra protein, add Baked Sesame Ginger Tofu – super delish!
If using sea kelp, drizzle the whole salad with 2 tablespoons olive oil, which will help the texture.
Keywords: Vermicelli Salad, Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Recipe, vermicelli recipes, vegan vermicelli salad, Vietnamese rice noodles, Vietnamese rice noodle Salad