Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad – loaded up with fresh veggies and herbs! This vegan- adaptable salad is bursting with flavor and sooooo healthy, delicious and light!
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar, coconut sugar, or honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (or use vegan fish sauce or salt to taste then add a tiny drizzle of soy sauce or liquid aminos)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced very thin- or use a shallot (or sub quick pickled onions, added later with herbs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4–5 ounces uncooked rice vermicelli noodles, bean thread noodles, or “sea tangle” ( clear kelp noodles)
- 2 cups julienned carrot
- 2 cups julienned cucumber
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil– optional- see notes
- * Feel free to sub other veggies for the carrots and cucumber-like zucchini noodles, red bell, turnip, kohlrabi, radishes, etc.
- Make the dressing. Place dressing ingredients in a small saucepan, heat over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, then place in the fridge to cool.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. (I usually pour hot water over noodles and let them soak until tender.) If using sea kelp noodles, no need to cook. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Place drained rinsed noodles in a large bowl and top with veggies and herbs. Toss well. Add the chilled dressing and herbs, tossing again.
- Top with crushed roasted peanuts.
- For extra protein, add Baked Sesame Ginger Tofu – super delicious!
If using sea kelp, drizzle the whole salad with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, which will help the texture.
- Serving Size: 1.75 cups
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 10.7 g
- Sodium: 427.8 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.1 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Vermicelli Salad, Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Recipe, vermicelli recipes, vegan vermicelli salad, Vietnamese rice noodles, Vietnamese rice noodle Salad