A collection of our 40 Best Vegan Recipes on the blog will excite you to cook (and eat!) plant-based meals at home. This recipe for Vegan Broccoli Mac and Cheese is one of our weeknight “go-to” vegan meals! It’s super easy, healthy and delicious. Top it with vegan cheesy Sprinkle.
- 5–6 ounces dry pasta- fettucine, linguini, orechiette, etc.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, steamed
Vegan Mac & Cheese Sauce:
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 fat garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked (or hemp seeds) see notes
- 1 cup veggie broth (or 1 cup water and boulllion)
- 1–2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Sprinkle with Vegan Cheesy Sprinkle
- Cook Pasta: Set salted water to boil in a large pot and cook pasta according to directions. During the last 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli to the pasta, and cook for few minutes until tender. Drain.
- Make the Vegan Mac and Cheese Sauce: Heat oil over med-low heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender and golden. Place it in a blender along with cashews, veggie broth, nutritional yeast, miso, mustard salt. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Combine: Drain the pasta and broccoli, and toss with the Vegan Mac and Cheese Sauce and toss, and gently warm over low heat.
- Divide among bowls.
- Garnish with optional Vegan Cheesy Sprinkle.
Feel free to add other veggies or substitute other veggies!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 625.7 mg
- Fat: 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.3 g
- Fiber: 6.9 g
- Protein: 16.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: best vegan recipes, best vegan meals, vegan Mac and cheese, vegan dinner recipes, vegan dinners, best vegan dinners, vegan meals,