A tropical fruit salad with fresh fruit and berries, seasoned with fresh grated turmeric root, citrus juice and toasted coconut.
- 2 cups fresh peeled, pineapple chunks
- 2 cups melon chunks ( cantaloupe, honeydew)
- 1 mango or papaya- peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 kiwi -peeled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh berries- strawberries or blue berries
- 1 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 1 orange (zested and juiced)
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh grated turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Place all fruit in a bowl (leave the berries out until the end, if very tender ).
- Zest the lime and orange and add zest to the bowl.
- Squeeze the orange and ½ of the lime over the fruit.
- Peel the turmeric and finely grate over the salad.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds.
- Gently mix. Add the berries, folding them in.
- Taste, add more turmeric to taste.
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 36.4 g
- Sodium: 7.2 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fruit salad, fruit salad with coconut, fruit salad with turmeric