A simple delicious recipe for Chicken Enchiladas (or sub turkey!) with 5-minute Homemade Enchilada Sauce. A great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken or Thanksgiving turkey.
- 2 cups of shredded chicken (or turkey) 8–10 ounces (or sub 2 1/2 cups cubed, roasted sweet potatoes)
- 1 14 pounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- optional additions – chipotle, sauteed onions and garlic, canned green chilies, cilantro
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese ( or cheddar, mozzarella)
- 12–15 ounce bottle of enchilada sauce – 2 cups (or make 5 Minute Enchilada Sauce)
- 8 x 6-inch tortillas
Garnish: cilantro, scallions, jalapeno slices, sour cream
Serve with Mexican Slaw!
Preheat oven to 400F
Pour 1/2 cup Enchilada sauce to the bottom of a well greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, to lightly coat.
Divide the filling among the tortillas ( about 1/3 cup) adding 2-3 tablespoons cheese. Roll them up and place them seam side down in the baking dish over the sauce.
Pour the remaining Enchilada Sauce over top and Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake covered for 20 minutes, then uncover for the last 5-10.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, avocado, and or sour cream.
This can be baked ahead, frozen and reheated.
- Calories: 375
Keywords: chicken enchiladas, turkey enchiladas, chicken and black bean enchiladas, best chicken enchiladas