These Turkey Enchiladas with black beans are so hearty and flavorful! Make them with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and our 5-minute Homemade Enchilada Sauce. A tasty easy meal that can be eaten now, or frozen for later!
- 2 cups of shredded turkey or chicken ( either light or dark meat, or a combo)
- 14-ounce can of black beans, enchilada sauce drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- optional additions – chipotle powder, sauteed onions and garlic, canned green chilies
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese ( or cheddar, mozzarella)
- 12 to 15-ounce bottle of enchilada sauce – 2 cups (or make 5 Minute Enchilada Sauce or Roasted Enchilada Sauce)
- 8 x 6-inch tortillas
Garnish: cilantro, scallions, jalapeno slices, sour cream
Serve with Mexican Slaw!
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Make our 5-minute enchilada sauce if using.
- In a medium bowl, mix shredded turkey ( or chicken) with the black beans, spices, salt and any optional additions. Stir in ½ cup enchilada sauce. Taste and adjust salt.
- Pour ¾ cup enchilada sauce to the bottom of a well-greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, to lightly coat.
- Divide the filling among the tortillas ( about 1/3 cup), adding 2-3 tablespoons of cheese. Roll them up and place them seam-side down in the baking dish over the sauce.
- Pour the remaining Enchilada Sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20- 25 minutes, until heated through and golden.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, avocado, and or sour cream.
These will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator or can be baked, and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before reheating.
Keywords: turkey enchiladas, leftover turkey enchiladas, turkey enchilada recipe, turkey black bean enchiladas, chicken and black bean enchiladas, best chicken enchiladas