Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup with Coconut, Ginger and Turmeric- a quick, easy homemade, tomato soup recipe made with simple pantry ingredients that can be made in 15 minutes!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fat shallots, rough chopped
- 2–3 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, rough chopped
- 1 –2 teaspoons fresh turmeric, rough chopped ( or use ground turmeric, at the end)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes and juices ( or 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes and their juices)
- 1 cup water
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, more to taste
- Garnish with Peanut Chili Crunch and Scallions ( or sub croutons, or toasted seeds or nuts)
Saute the shallot, garlic, ginger and fresh turmeric ( see notes) in a medium pot, in oil, over medium heat, until deeply golden, about 5-6 minutes. Add the optional tomato paste, and stir one minute. Place this in the blender with the can of tomatoes (with their juices) and puree until very very smooth. Place this back in the same pot, add 1 cup water, the can of coconut milk, salt, and cayenne. If using ground turmeric, stir in 1 teaspoon now. Bring to a simmer, turn heat off, taste, add more salt and cayenne to taste.
Keywords: tomato soup recipe, vegan tomato soup, tomato coconut soup, tomato ginger soup recipe, vegan soup recipes, coconut tomato soup,