Heirloom Tomato Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Smoked Blue Cheese – a simple summer salad highlighting sweet and juicy heirloom tomatoes. Can be made in 15 minutes!
- 2 lbs ripe summer tomatoes (colorful heirlooms are nice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, thinly sliced (purchase smoked blue cheese if available!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1–2 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
- Wash and slice the tomatoes and place them on a platter, slightly overlapping.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the toasted walnuts and add the thinly sliced blue cheese over top.
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Make the dressing and spoon it over the top, trying to get a little on each tomato slice.
Keywords: tomato salad, heirloom tomato salad, tomato walnut salad, tomato blue cheese salad recipe, walnut salad, tomato salad recipes, walnut recipes