An easy vegan recipe for Tomato Artichoke Soup using pantry ingredients. Perfect for when your in the mood for a dynamic tomato soup with very little hands-on effort. Ready in 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 16 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- In a soup pot, saute’ onion, fennel bulb and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, artichokes, tarragon, salt, pepper, balsamic and maple syrup.
- Cook until heated through.
Amp up protein with a can of white beans, or chickpeas.
Add a cup or two of greens (like chard or kale) to sautéing onions. Or fresh spinach added just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Keywords: tomato artichoke soup, artichoke tomato soup, easy vegan soup recipe, tomato tarragon soup, vegan tomato soup,