A Tempeh Reuben Sandwich with Smoked Mozzarella Cheese and Turmeric Sauerkraut ( or sub regular kraut).
- preheat oven to 400 (or use toaster oven)
- Slice pre-boiled tempeh into thin ⅛ inch strips.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sear each side until golden and crispy.
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of soy sauce, for flavor. Go light, taste add more if you want.
- Toast bread in the oven or toaster oven with mozzarella on one side, letting it melt.
- One the bread is toasty, lather the piece with no cheese with whole grain mustard. Top with tempeh, sauerkraut and the toasted bread with cheese.
- Cut this in half and share with a friend (or save half for later) along with a salad.
- NOTES: you can also sear the tempeh whole (not sliced) searing each side until golden and heated through, then add a little splash of soy for flavor.
Pre boiling tempeh in water or broth takes away its bitterness. Just cover in liquid, bring to a boil and simmer 10-15 minutes. Prepare as normal.
Keywords: Tempeh Recipes, Tempeh recipe, tempeh rueben, tempeh sandwich