A tasty recipe for Szechuan Salmon with Scallion Green Beans baked in the oven that can be made in 30 minutes. A delicious healthy weeknight dinner!
- one batch of Szechuan Sauce, without cornstarch (divided)
- 12 ounces salmon (2 thick pieces)
- 10–12 ounces fresh green beans (or asparagus)
- 3 scallions, split in half lengthwise then cut to the length of green beans
- 6–8 shiitake mushrooms (optional) or sub another mushroom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Stir together the Szechuan Sauce ingredients (leaving the cornstarch out)
Place green beans and scallions mix these together), mushrooms and salmon on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Spoon half of the Szechuan sauce over the salmon and veggies and toss the veggies in the sauce.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake, checking at 10-15 minutes ( depending on how thick your salmon is) give the veggies a toss, and checking the salmon. Continue baking until salmon is cooked through and broil if you want for the last couple minutes to give color.
In the meantime, heat up the remaining Szechuan sauce on the stove and whisk in a teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken. Pour this over the cooked salmon.
Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and divide the veggies and salmon among two bowls.
Feel free to serve with rice, or Asian Slaw -or just like it is. 🙂
- ½ -1 teaspoon Szechuan Peppercorns (or sub black peppercorns, or pepper)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or GF Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or sub maple syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar or sugar alternative)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or black vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (shaoxing) or mirin (both optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (use a garlic press)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced ( or use ginger paste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili paste (or sambal oelek) more for more spicy or sub 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
Toast the Szechuan peppercorns (if using) in a dry skillet until fragrant- grind, then add to a bowl with remaining ingredients- whisk until smooth.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 544
- Sugar: 39.2 g
- Sodium: 1129.3 mg
- Fat: 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 77.9 mg
Keywords: Szechuan salmon, baked salmon recipes, asian salmon, spicy salmon, sheet pan salmon, sheet pan. salmon and veggies, sheet pan salmon and green beans