Healthy Vegan Summer Glow Bowl
A nutritious and tasty Summer Glow bowl- low fat, vegan and full of healthy anti-oxidants that will not only energize you but leave you will a glow.
- 1 1/2 Cups Black Barley – or grain of your choice ( uncooked)
- 2 Cups blueberries
- 1 Fennel bulb, shaved thinly
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 Orange, peeled and segmented, or sliced
- 1/4 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/4 C walnuts
- 1/2 C fresh orange juice
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/8 Cup finely chopped red onion or shallot
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T maple, agave or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional)
- Place black barley in a medium pot with 4 Cups water. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer one hour, until cooked al-dente. Drain and chill.
- Prep all the veggies, taking care to thinly slice the fennel bulb and red onion. ( I often use a sharp vegetable peeler or mandolin.)
- Divide Black Barley among 4 bowls.
- Divide the rest of the ingredients- blueberries, fennel bulb, red onion, watercress, avocado, orange slices and walnuts – among the bowls.
- Make the dressing -stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Divide the dressing among the bowls, drizzling over all the ingredients. Enjoy!
The honey and bee pollen in the dressing, are not vegan- but both are optional.
Keywords: vegan bowl, healthy bowls, vegan bowl recipes, vegan buddha bowls, vegan recipes, best vegan bowl recipe