- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ C water
- 1 lb organic or farmers market strawberries
- 2 cups finely diced cucumber
- ¼ of a red onion, very finely diced
- 1 cup fresh mint- chopped ( or sub cilantro)
- 1 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- optional additions: feta, goat cheese crumbles, toasted pistachios, toasted almonds, avocado
- Rinse quinoa well, then drain. In a medium pot add 1 ½ Cups water and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Cover, and turn heat down to low , and cook for 15 minutes. Turn heat off, leave covered 5 more minutes. Fluff and chill quinoa. ( You could do this a head and refrigerate overnight)
- Add cooked, chilled quinoa to a large bowl. Finely dice strawberries and add to the bowl. Finely dice the cucumber and red onion and add to the bowl. Chop mint and parsley. Don’t skimp on the herbs ( here is where the flavor is), and add to bowl. You can always add more. Gently Toss.
- Pour in olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and mix. Let salad stand for a few minutes to allow the salt and acid to absorb. Mix again. Taste and adjust salt and lemon, adding more if necessary. The quinoa will soak up some salt, so check again right before serving. Serve on a large platter, scattered with fresh herbs, or over greens.
- For extra heartiness, add feta or goat cheese crumbles, avocado, or toasted pistachios or slivered almonds. Enjoy!!
Salad will keep 3-4 days in the fridge!
Keywords: strawberry tabouli, strawberry salad, vegan strawberry salad, strawberry tabouli salad,