A simple tasty way to prepare fresh nettle tips.
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil in a large pot.
- Using tongs, add nettles to the boiling water and simmer until tender about 5 minutes. Turn heat off, let seep 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the nutrient rich nettle broth, saving for soups or tea.
- Place on a cutting board and move only the tough or thick stems. Tender stems are OK.
- Chop the cooked nettles and place in 1 or two bowls. You should have about 1 ½ cups, after it’s cooked down.
- Mix in salt. Drizzle with toasted sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, chives and chive blossoms.
- NOTE: Of course you can always bump this up a notch by adding sautéed shallot, garlic and or ginger.
- Calories: 127
Keywords: steamed nettles, how to cook nettles, nettle recipes