A spring-inspired salad with Spring peas, fingerling potatoes and a tarragon and mustard seed dressing- serve warm as a side, or chilled as a salad.
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes (or new potato)
- 2 cups fresh English peas ( Trader Joes has shucked peas)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- zest from one lemon, plus 1/8 cup lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- In medium pot, blanch potatoes 20 min or until fork-tender, in salted water. ( I use enough water to cover potatoes by 1 inch, and add a hearty 1 T of salt) When the potatoes are tender add the fresh peas to the pot and blanch 1-2 minutes, until vibrant green and floating. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut the cooled potatoes in half and place in a large bowl with the peas.
- Add the chopped celery, scallions, garlic, parsley, tarragon, capers, whole grain mustard and lemon zest. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Give a gentle stir.
- Taste and adjust salt and lemon to your liking.
Salad will keep up to 4 days in the fridge!
You can also serve this warm as a side – simply drain the potatoes but do not rinse in cold water, tossing in other ingredients.
Keywords: potato pea salad, pea potato salad, vegan potato salad