- 12 ounces pasta
- 3–4 cups fresh peas
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, very finely diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons – zest and 1/4 cup juice
- 2 cups fresh pea shoots, baby spinach or arugula
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper ( or black is OK)
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil – I prefer white
- Optional- goat cheese crumbles
- Boil pasta in a generous amount of salted water according to directions.
- During the very last minute of cooking, if serving this as a warm entree- add the peas to the pasta and just lightly blanch.
- While the pasta is cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the scallions, shallots and herbs. Zest two lemons, and measure out ¼ cup lemon juice ( you may need more).
- Once the pasta is just about done, add the peas to the boiling pasta water and blanch for one minute, or just until bright green. Immediately drain, place pasta and peas in large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the pea shoots (or other greens) and add the scallions, shallot, herbs and lemon zest. Stir to coat.
- Taste, adjusting salt and lemon juice, adding more of both, if necessary. ( Sometimes pasta takes a while to absorb the salt and lemon – so make sure to taste this again after a few minutes -the saltiness will have settled down quite a bit, and you may need more, especially if you did not salt your pasta water).
- Drizzle with truffle oil and serve immediately.
- If making this as a pasta salad– make sure to rinse pasta and peas in very very cold water to stop the peas from cooking any longer… this will help them keep their lovely bright green color. If making the pasta salad ahead, always taste it right before serving, it may need a little more seasoning ( salt, lemon juice, oil, truffle) Add the goat cheese right before serving.
- This serves 4 as a main course or 8 as a side salad.
- Serving Size: 1 ¼ cup
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 354.9 mg
- Fat: 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.6 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pea pasta, pea pasta recipe, pea pasta with mint, pea pasta with lemon,