A flavorful Spring-inspired Pasta Salad with Spring Vegetables and a Zesty Lemon Parsley dressing.
- 8 ounces pasta ( use rice noodles to make this gluten free)
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot – finely chopped (or ⅓ cup finely chopped onion)
- 6 ounces mushrooms (morels, creminis, white button, shiitakes)
- 1 bunch asparagus: cut into 1 inch pieces – don’t use tough ends. (2–3 cups)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch Italian Parsley- chopped
- 5 scallions, chopped
- Zest of one small lemon, plus 1-2 tablespoons juice.
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic: finely minced (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Garnish with grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese (optional)
- Place pasta water to boil on the stove, cook pasta according to directions.
- Finely chop the shallot and prep the mushrooms (cut the morels in half or bite size pieces)
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat, add shallot and cook 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add mushrooms, season with salt and stir occasionally until lightly cooked, about 5 minutes. Set aside and saute the asparagus,seasoning again with salt, and cook just until tender and bright green.
- Drain the pasta and place in a bowl.
- Top with the mushrooms, asparagus, the chopped parsley and scallions.
- Add the lemon zest and one tablespoon lemon juice. Add garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Taste, adding more lemon juice or salt if you like.
- Keep in the mind the cheese will add salt, as well.