- 1/4 cup dulse ribbons, soaked in water
- 4 ounces baby kale (or sub other salad greens)
- 1 Turkish cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1–2 green onions
- Kelp noodles (optional), a handful (1 cup)
- 1–2 watermelon radishes ( or regular radish), thinly sliced
- Protein options: Smoked ahi, smoked salmon, baked or smoked tofu, edamame
- Garnish: Sprouts (sunflower are nice), hemp seeds or sunflower seeds, cilantro or edible flower petals
Spirulina Dressing: (makes 1 cup)
Soak the dulse ribbons in a small bowl of water, 15 minutes or until softened
Make the Spirulina dressing– add all but the cilantro and spirulina to a blender, and blend until creamy and smooth- a full minute. Add cilantro and spirulina, pulse until well combined and smooth.
Add the salad ingredients to a bowl- greens first then cucumber, avocado, scallions, kelp noodles, radishes, drained dulse, and your choice of protein.
Toss with some of the dressing, just enough to coat– you will not need it all.
Garnish with seeds and sprouts.
Keywords: Spirulina salad, Spirulina dressing, how to cook with spirulina, how to eat spirulina, spirulina benefits, kelp noodle salad, pulse recipes, spirulina recipes, mermaid salad, vegan sea salad,