- 14–ounce canned white beans, drained, rinsed ( about 1 1/2 cups cooked) or sub chickpeas
- 1/2–1 cup roasted red bell pepper (out of a jar, rinsed, drained well)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, pistachios or cashews ( or sub 1/4 cup tahini paste)
Place in a bowl. Garnish the dip with cubes of feta (cut them small).
Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the pistachios and gently warm, about 3 minutes, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (whole caraway is nice too) and warm 1 minute, stirring, toasting. Spoon this over the feta, and scatter with torn mint leaves.
Feel free to make this ahead and refrigerate up to one day before serving.
Serve with pita, chips, crackers, veggies, etc.
1/2 teaspoon toasted caraway seeds are nice too, as garnish.
This is also delicious warmed up and served as a “side dish” to fish, chicken or whatever you think. 🙂
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 23.8 g
- Sodium: 143.2 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 10.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: smoky harissa dip, smoky white bean dip, red pepper dip, harissa red pepper dip, vegan dip recipes, white bean hummus