Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Fennel Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing. Fast and easy, this hearty entree salad makes for a delicious lunch or dinner main.
Creamy Dill Dressing (4 servings) or substitute Creamy Herby Hemp Seed dressing (using dill for the herb)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves-finely minced- use a garlic press
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Salad ( 2 entree-sized servings)
- 1 head butter lettuce (or little gems or romaine or other mix), leaves torn
- 1 Turkish cucumber, sliced ( or 2–3 radishes)
- 1/2 a fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4– 6 ounces smoked salmon (dry smoked rather than lox) or smoked trout
- 1/8 –1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sunflower sprouts, more dill, Everything Bagel Spice – all optional
Make the dressing: Place dressing ingredients (except dill) in a bowl or jar and whisk until smooth , then mix in the dill. Set aside. Dressing will make enough for 2 batches of salad ( 4 salads) so save the rest in the fridge. Also great for dipping and veggie platters.
Make the salad: Place the lettuce, fennel bulb, cucumber, smoked salmon, red onion and capers in a big bowl. Toss, then add enough dressing to coat- about half of what you made, tossing gently.
Taste for salt and pepper, adding more to taste. You can either toss in the avocado and sprouts at this point, or divide the salad and use them as garnish.
Garnish: If garnishing with the avocado, sprinkle with salt and pepper or Everything Bagel Spice.
- Serving Size: 2 salads
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 615 mg
- Fat: 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 15.8 g
- Protein: 24.1 g
- Cholesterol: 48.7 mg
Keywords: salmon salad, avocado salad, salmon avocado salad