This flavorful recipe for Mustard Seed Relish can be spooned over seared chicken, grilled eggplant or roasted cauliflower steaks, a delicious twist.
- 2–4 chicken breasts (or sub 1 lb eggplant or whole cauliflower- see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
Mustard Seed Relish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and sear both sides in a well oiled skillet. Lower heat and continue cooking until cooked through.
- While chicken is searing, make Mustard Seed Relish: Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is done, spoon a couple tablespoons of Mustard Seed Relish over each one.
Substitue grilled eggplant or Roasted Cauliflower Steaks for the chicken…both, delicious vegan dinners! To make eggplant, slice into ⅓ inch slices. Brush sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Either grill each side until golden( then seal tightly with foil for 5-10 minutes to steam) or roast in a 425F oven until golden, about 25 minutes. To make cauliflower steaks, slice the head of cauliflower vertically into ½ inch slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 425F oven until fork tender. Top with relish!
- Calories: 295
Keywords: mustard seed relish, pan seared chicken, chicken with mustard, mustard chicken recipe, healthy chicken recipes,