Chinese-inspired Sesame Noodles loaded up with healthy veggies and tossed in a creamy Sesame Sauce! Make this in 20 minutes flat! Keep it vegan or add chicken- up to you!
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 4 cups veggies (cabbage, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, snow peas, etc.) cut small.
- 4–6 ounces dry soba noodles (or sub buckwheat noodles, chow mein noodles, low mein, spaghetti, gluten-free noodles, etc.)
Creamy Sesame Sauce: (For extra “saucy” double this)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (Or GF Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste, or Chinese Sesame Paste
- 1–2 tablespoons water, more as needed.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1–2 teaspoon chili paste or sriracha, more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- At the same time, in a large skillet (or wok) heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and the veggies of your choice. Saute, 3-4 minutes, turn heat down to low, and continue cooking until just tender.
- At the same time, make the Creamy Sesame Sauce: Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with fork until smooth. If it feels overly thick, thin with water. Taste. Add more chili paste and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine: Once the veggies are tender-crisp, and the noodles are drained, toss them together along with the sauce, coating well. Serve warm.
- Garnish with microgreens, scallions, peanuts, or any of the other options.
If you want rich thick sesame sauce, leave out the water (or if your tahini paste seems very runny). You can always add water to thin.
If making this ahead, toss noodles with a little sesame oil to prevent them form sticking. Wait to toss with the creamy Sesame Sauce until ready to serve. This can be served warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 1 ¼ cup
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 720.6 mg
- Fat: 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sesame noodles, vegan sesame noodles, sesame noodles tahini, sesame noodles with chicken, sesame noodles with chicken