Flavorful Sesame Noodles, loaded up with healthy veggies and tossed in the most delicious, creamy, vegan Sesame Sauce! Make this in 20 minutes flat! Keep it vegan or add chicken- up to you!
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 4 cups saute-able veggies (cabbage, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, snow peas, etc.) cut small.
- 4–5 ounces dry noodles (soba noodles, buckwheat noodles, chow mein noodles, low mein, spaghetti, brown rice noodles , gluten-free noodles, etc.)
Creamy Sesame Sauce: (For extra “saucey” double this)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (Or GF Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste, or Chinese Sesame Paste
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or vegan alternative like maple
- 1–2 teaspoon chili paste or sriacha, more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil water for pasta.
In a large skillet (or wok) heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and the veggies of your choice. Saute, 3-4 minutes, turn heat down to low, and continue cooking until just tender.
At the same time, cook the noodles according to directions and make the Creamy Sesame Sauce.
Once the veggies are tender, and noodles are drained toss them together along with the sauce, coating well. Serve warm, top with sprout or other options.
If you want rich thick sesame sauce, leave out the water (or if your tahini paste seems very runny). You can always add water to thin.
If making this ahead, toss noodles with a little sesame oil. Wait to toss with the creamy Sesame Sauce until ready to serve.
Keywords: sesame noodles, vegan sesame noodles, sesame noodles tahini, sesame noodles with chicken, sesame noodles with chicken