Delicious breakfast tacos! these scrambled egg tacos are perfect for breakfast or a quick dinner or late night snack. Serves 1 person, two tacos.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- generous pinch kosher salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 2 toasted 6 inch tortillas ( corn or flour – or a mix)
- handful arugula or other greens
- one medium tomato diced- or slice cherry tomatoes in halves
- optional additions- sliced avocado, cilantro, browned meat/ chorizo /sausage, cheese, hot sauce, warmed seasoned black beans
Heat oil in a non-stick pan or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Whisk eggs with sour cream, salt and pepper.
Pour into a warm pan and gently stir- with a heat proof rubber or silicone spatula. As soon as soft lump of eggs begin to form, lower the heat to low and shift from stirring to folding the eggs over on themselves while gently shaking the pan with the other hand. Cook until desired done-ness. Turn heat off.
Keywords: Breakfast tacos, egg tacos, breakfast taco recipes, best breakfast tacos,