Salad Topper is an easy and delicious way to add a tasty crunch to salads, soups & bowls. Versatile and fun to play around with, keep it simple or add your favorite seasonings. Made with toasted quinoa and seeds.
For the Crispy Quinoa
For the Seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hempseeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon tamari or braggs (optional)
- Toss cooked quinoa (thoroughly cooled- see notes) with olive oil and salt. Spread onto two sheet pans in thin layers. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hempseeds, sesame seeds with 1 tablespoon tamari or Braggs.
- Spread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- After the seeds completely cool, mix with the crispy quinoa and store in an airtight container up to a month.
To Cook Quinoa: Add 1 cup of rinse quinoa to 1 3/4 cup of boiling water. Simmer low for 15 minutes covered. To cool quickly, spread out on a sheet pan and place in fridge for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 182.3 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: salad topper, salad toppings, salad topper recipe, crunch salad toppings