This easy Raita recipe is so creamy and cooling! Raita is a creamy Indian yogurt sauce typically served with spicy Indian dishes to help cool the palate. Vegan-adaptable. Video.
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (whole milk is best, or sub vegan coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely diced or grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion (optional, sub chives or green onion)
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Raita will keep 4-5 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 85.9 mg
- Fat: 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: Raita, raita recipe, raita sauce, indian yogurt sauce, what is raita? how to make raita, raita video