This Rainbow Chopped Salad with Cabbage is crunchy, colorful and nutritious! Tossed with a lemony herbed greek yogurt dressing, it is easy to make and easy to adapt. Perfect for meal prep, this salad keeps for 4 days in the fridge.
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 1 cup mixed yellow & red bell pepper
- 1 cup, 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 15-ounce canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- a couple of shakes of salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I use whole milk)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional but I like the depth it gives)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mixed herbs chives, dill, basil, mint, chopped
Make the salad
Chop cabbage, bell peppers, celery, and snap peas in small similar-sized pieces, approximately 1/2 inch. Mince red onions. Dice cheese into small cubes.
Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl with a couple of shakes or grinds of sea salt.
Make the dressing
If serving immediately, toss the salad with the dressing. If making ahead, or for meal prep, store the salad and dressing separately in the fridge, combining as needed.
Salad will keep up to 4 days in the fridge if stored separately.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
Keywords: Chopped Salad, Rainbow Chopped Salad, chopped salad recipe, chopped salad recipe healthy, chopped salad recipe with cabbage