Fresh and simple Pico De Gallo is the perfect condiment for hot summer days. Easy to make with just a few ingredients- this fresh Mexican salsa will enliven all your Mexican favorites – delicious on tacos, burritos, enchiladas and eggs, or a simple tasty appetizer served with tortilla chips!
- 1/2 white onion or sweet, 2/3 cup diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- juice of one lime, 1/8 cup
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (optional but so good!)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, or any flavorful fresh tomatoes, about 12 ounces or 1 1/2 cups, chopped small
- 1 bunch of cilantro, about a 1/2 cup, chopped
Best served within 2 hours of making. Leftovers are still pretty good- refrigerate and eat within 2 days.
Keywords: Pico De Gallo, Pico De Gallo recipe, what is Pico De Gallo