- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice baguette into ½ inch slices at a diagonal. Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Or alternately, grill on a bbq. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and goat cheese in a bowl and either warm in a microwave until just barley soft enough to combine easily with a fork. (I place the bowl in my toaster oven on low). Mix with a fork until smooth. Add some chopped basil ( like 1/3 of the basil ribbons, chopped) salt and cracked pepper, Set aside.
- Assemble: Spread a little goat cheese mixture on each bruschetta and top with a peach wedge. Garnish with a few basil ribbons, then drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- It’s really nice to serve when the goat cheese is still a touch warm.
- Serve on a white platter, or a rustic cutting board.
- Note: To infuse honey, place a cup or so of honey in a small pot on the stove, add a few sprigs of rosemary ( or thyme, sage, or lavender) and warm on medium heat. Once it comes to a gentle simmer, add a couple teaspoons of water, gently stir, turn heat off and let the herbs marinate in the honey, at room temp for a few hours, or overnight. Place in a squeezy bottle. Once cooled, if honey seems to thick, rewarm and stir in little more water.