Fresh Oysters with Mustard Seed Mignonette with cucumber and dill – refreshing and perfect for spring!
- 12–20 raw shucked oysters
- ½ cup Champagne vinegar (or use white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, or unseasoned rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, whole
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill (or other tender herb)
- crack pepper,optional
- Place all Mignonette ingredients in a small bowl, and chill.
- Shuck the oysters, playing them on crushed ice, rock salt or a bed of seaweed. Keep cold.
- Just before serving, spoon the flavorful Mignonette over top.