Make a Hot Toddy at home that’s better than most of the professional versions you’re likely to encounter! This Oaxacan slant uses mezcal, lime juice & honey.
- Pre-heat a mug, or other insulated cup.
- Juice the lime(s).
- Combine honey, lime juice, water – and cayenne, if using (see “Notes,” below) – in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn OFF the heat and add the mezcal.
- Pour into your pre-heated cup, and top with a dried chili.
- Be sure to go easy on the cayenne – in a hot drink it can easily become too much!
Keywords: Hot Toddy, mezcal cocktails, hot toddy recipe, best hot toddy, hot toddy mezcal, oaxacan hot toddy, mezcal recipes, mezcal cocktails