Nicoise Salad with grilled salmon, tuna or white fish with fresh summer tomatoes, beans, purple potatoes and herbs, with a delicious Nicoise Salad Dressing .
- 4–6 fish boneless, skinless filets – (4–6 ounces each, thicker cut) use a grillable fish: salmon, black cod, rockfish, mahi mahi, halibut, bass, or tuna
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 T whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 1 x 15 oz can cannellini beans rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 C cooked) or sub 3 boiled eggs, cut in half
- 10 baby new potatoes halved and blanched
- 1/2 lb green beans trimmed and blanched
- 1/4 cup kalamata or niçoise olives sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained.
- 1/2 C sliced roasted red bell pepper
- Greens, spinach or arugula for 4-6 people, approx 1 lb
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
Nicoise Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and zest of one lemon (Meyer Lemon is nice)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 C red onion- finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, or oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients for the fish marinade in a medium bowl and coat fish with it, marinating for at least 1/2 hour or preferably overnight.
- Blanch potatoes and green beans. Cool, set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Make Nicoise Dressing. Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-size bowl. Add cannellini beans, roasted peppers, capers, olives to the dressing to marinate.
- Grill fish over a medium-high grill, and with a metal spatula, carfully flip after 5 minutes, and if needed, lower heat or move to a cooler spot- or place on foil, or even on a bed of lemon slices, until cooked to your desired done-ness. Set aside and cover lightly with foil.
- Assemble the salad. Lay down a hearty bed of greens onto an extra-large platter. Spoon a little Nicoise Dressing from the bowl to coat the greens -and 1/2 of marinated vegetables over the greens.
- Arrange the potatoes and green beans and top with charred fish. Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes and spoon remaining dressing (depending on the size you may not need all the dressing) and white beans/peppers over top.
- Give fish a little squeeze of lemon, cracked pepper to taste
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 815.9 mg
- Fat: 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6 g
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 32.5 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: Nicoise salad, salmon Nicoise salad, tuna nicoise salad recipe, grilled nicoise recipe, nicoise with salad, nicoise salad dressing