Vinegar may etch porous surfaces like marble, some granites and soapstone countertops, so make sure to dilute with water and test first. A 50/50 blend is good.
This is a super flexible recipe and can be made with dried or fresh herbs, or essential oils. Play around to find your favorite scent.
Other Antimicrobial combos:
- peel from 1 or 2 lemons, a handful of sprigs of rosemary and mint ( fresh or dry).
- peel from 1 or two limes, a few 4 inch “branchlets” from an evergreen tree (spruce, fir, pine etc.) and a few slices of ginger
- peel from 1 orange, 3 to 5 bay leaves and 3 cloves
Adding essential oils is also an option to boost disinfectant properties.
Choose one or two:
- 10 drops of lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, tea tree, or cedar
- 3-5 drops of thyme, lemon, or grapefruit
Another option would be to use essential oils in place of fresh or dried plants.