Moroccan Roasted Beets with Pomegranate Seeds, toasted pistachios and a balsamic glaze. A simple, healthy vegan side dish.
- 3 pounds beets – scrubbed and cut into wedges not more than 3/4 inch thick. If you prefer not to eat the peels, peel with a vegetable peeler before cutting.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Roast Beets: Toss beets with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cumin, fennel, salt, pepper in a bowl and coat well.Place on parchment lined baking sheet and roast until fork tender, stirring every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes.
- Make Balsamic Glaze: Place balsamic and maple syrup in small pot on medium low heat, and reduce 20 minutes or until you have about 3 tablespoons.
- When beets are done, place in a serving dish and toss with balsamic glaze, pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Garnish with orange zest.
- Calories: 198
Keywords: roasted beets, moroccan roasted beets, roasted beets with balsamic glaze, how to roast beets, roasted beets with pistachios