A healthy, raw Chard Salad, packed with summer veggies and chickpeas- vegan and gluten free, this hearty Mediterranean Salad tastes great stuffed into a toasted Pita.
- 4–6 cups shredded baby or young chard, cut or torn into small pieces
- 1 red pepper – thinly sliced
- 4 radishes- sliced ( or sub grated carrots or beets)
- ½ english cucumber – sliced ( or try shaved fennel)
- 6 cherry tomatoes- cut in half
- 1 avocado– sliced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives- optional
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas ( optional)
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley ( or sub half cilantro, basil or mint)
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (or slivered almonds)
- optional sprouts
- optional crumbled goat cheese or feta
Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl ( Either in separate ingredients into small piles over the greens, or toss all.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Dress the salad and toss- you may not need all the dressing.
Sprinkle with nuts or seeds and optional crumbled cheese and sprouts.
Chard varies greatly in flavor, salt level and bitterness, so tasting after tossing is important, then you can adjust depending on variety. Feel free to sub or incorporate other greens.
Keywords: chard salad, chard salad recipes, how to make salad with chard, mediterranean chard salad, chard recipes,