- 4–6 corn on the cob, shucked
- 1/4 cup ghee, or enough to coat
- 2–3 teaspoons garam masala spice, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne or chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a squeeze of lime juice (or add 1 teaspoon amchoor powder to the ghee)
- Garnish with optional masala chaat, scallions or cilantro, lime zest or lime wedges
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Shuck corn. Grill corn dry, directly on grates over medium-high heat, until nicely charred on all sides, about 12 minutes.
- Mix garam masala and salt with the ghee (feel free to add chili flakes or cayenne for more spice and amchoor powder if using).
- Brush the Masala Ghee over charred corn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze with lime juice and serve!
- Feel free to add any optional garnishes- scallions, lime wedges, cilantro, fresh chilies, masala chaat.
You can also use this ghee-masala spice mix for sauteed frozen corn if you need a faster Indian side. A little sauteed chopped onion would be nice here too. 😉 You get the idea.
- Serving Size: 1 cob
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 513.2 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.7 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 20.3 mg
Keywords: Grilled Corn, Street Corn, Masala Street Corn, Indian Street Corn,