Lemony Artichoke White Bean Dip – a quick and easy Vegan Appetizer (a twist on “hummus“) that can be made in 10 minutes flat. Great for parties and gatherings and made with simple pantry ingredients!
- 14-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained ( about 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans)
- 12-ounce jar marinated artichokes hearts (about 1 1/2 cups), drained, save the marinade!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- zest from one large lemon, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Serve with crackers, veggies, toasty pita bread or chips.
- Place drained, rinsed white beans in a food processor (or use a Vita mix- for ultra-creamy!), add garlic, drained aritchoke hearts, tahini paste, salt, pepper and 2/3 rds of the lemon zest. Add 1 tabblespoon olive oil and 3-4 tablespoons of the marinade ( start with 3) and puree until ultra-smooth. In a food processor, this may take up to 2 minutes! You want this as creamy as possible.
- Taste and adjust salt, adding more to taste. For a “looser” dip, add a little more marinade, a tablespoon at a time.
- Spoon Artichoke dip into medium-sized shallow bowl and with the back of a spoon, swirl a circular “well” into it, where the olive oil will go. See photos.
- Drizzle a couple tablespoons olive oil into the “well”, sprinkle with chili flakes snf scatter with fresh herbs and the remaining lemon zest.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, chips, or toasty pita bread.
If using canned aritchoke hearts in water- you will need to “up” the oil, add some lemon juice as well as the zest, and possibly up the salt. Marinated artichokes work best here!
This will keep 3 days in the fridge.
Keywords: Artichoke dip, vegan artichoke dip, white bean hummus, white bean artichoke dip, artichoke hummus,