Simple Lebanese Slaw made with crunchy cabbage, fresh herbs, lemon, garlic and scallions. A delicious vegan side to serve with your Middle Eastern feast.
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage (1/2 of a large green cabbage)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 scallions, sliced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely minced or use a garlic press
- 1/2–1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons zaatar (optional)
Thinly slice or shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl with the salt. Toss. Add the scallions, garlic, herbs and toss again.
Add zaatar to taste.
Slaw will keep 3 days in the fridge.
Keywords: middle eastern slaw, Lebanese Slaw, vegan slaw