Simple Lebanese Slaw made with crunchy cabbage, fresh herbs, lemon, garlic and scallions. A delicious vegan side to serve with your Middle Eastern feast.
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage (1/2 of a large green cabbage)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 scallions, sliced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely minced or use a garlic press
- 1/2–1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons zaatar (optional)
Thinly slice or shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl with the salt. Toss. Add the scallions, garlic, herbs and toss again.
Pour in the olive oil, lemon juice and sugar and toss well. Taste and adjust lemon to your liking. You could let this stand 10-15 minutes after tossing, and then re-taste, letting flavors meld a bit.
Add zaatar to taste.
Slaw will keep 3 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 217.7 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: middle eastern slaw, Lebanese Slaw, vegan slaw