Kimchi Fried Rice! A fast and healthy Korean-style weeknight dinner, packed with flavor & veggies, topped with an Egg (or Crispy Tofu). Swap out Cauliflower Rice for Low Carb! Healthy and flavorful! EASY!
- 1–2 tablespoons oil (peanut oil gives this great flavor!)
- ½ cup onion- diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1–2 cups chopped veggies – mushrooms, red bell pepper, zucchini, peas, carrots
- ½ cup kimchi– chopped, more to taste.
- 2 cups cooked, chilled rice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce (optional, only if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon bonito granules (optional, but yummy!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ⅛ cup cilantro
- 2 large eggs, poached, fried – or top with crispy tofu!
- Garnish with sriracha or hot sauce
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-hight heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring, then turn heat down to medium. Add ginger and veggies. Saute until ginger is fragrant and veggies are tender, stirring often, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chopped kimchi, and cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Add rice, and continue cooking and stirring until warm and combined, about 3 more minutes.(Add a bit more oil or a little water if too dry.) Taste and adjust flavor by adding soy sauce, salt, bonito granules as desired. (*Kimchi adds a lot of saltiness, so add salt sparingly and to taste, as each kimchi is different. If tasting bland, add soy sauce.) Stir in the scallions.
- You could also stir in a handful of greens at this point, like baby spinach or arugula.
- Divide among two large bowls.
- Top with fried or poached egg. Sprinkle with cilantro and a generous squirt of Sriracha sauce. Serve immediately, breaking the yolk and letting act as a sauce over the rice.
Leftover rice always makes the best fried rice! This is because it is drier! Freshly warm rice will most often turn to mush, so plan ahead here!
Keywords: Kimchi fried rice, Korean fried rice, best kimchi fried rice, kimchi fried rice vegan, vegan kimchi fried rice, healthy kimchi fried rice,