A simple tasty recipe for Jiama Mango Slaw with Orange, Lime and Cilantro
- 1 large jicama – 2 pounds
- 1 extra large very firm or green mango
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion ( or sub 4 scallions, sliced)
- ½ a jalapeno- finely chopped ( optional, and more to taste)
- ¼– ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest ( about ⅛ cup)
- ½ an orange juice ( about ⅛ cup)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and grate jicama in a cuisinart with grater attachment or use a box grater.
- Peel and grate mango, same as above.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss, adjust seasonings.
- If using a very green mango, consider adding a little sugar, to balance lime.