A simple refreshing recipe for Mango salad with jicama, jalapeno and lime- the perfect side to summer barbecues!
- 1 medium-large jicama -2 cups grated
- 1–2 very firm or green mangos ( unripe mango)- 2 cups grated
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion ( or sub 3 scallions, sliced)
- 1–2 tablespoons jalapeno, finely chopped ( optional, and more to taste)
- 1/4– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest ( about 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 an orange juice (about 1/8 cup)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sugar or honey to taste.
- Peel and grate jicama in a Cuisinart with grater attachment or use a box grater.
- Peel and grate the mango, same as above.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss, adjust seasonings to taste.
- If using a very green mango, consider adding a little sugar, or honey to balance lime.
Make sure the mango is not ripe- make sure it is firm.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 107 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mango salad with jicama, Jicama Salad, mango salad,