Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff – a simple, easy vegetarian weeknight dinner that is creamy, hearty and full of delicious depth and flavor! Vegan Adaptable!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: main, pasta, instant pot recipe, vegetarian, vegan adaptable
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: Russian
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced (cremini, shiitake, button)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cooking sherry (or sub white wine)
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons mustard (whole grain or dijon)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces pasta (rotini, penne) about a scant 3 cups
Stir in after cooking:
- ½ to ¾ cup sour cream ( or sub vegan sour cream)
- Heat oil on “sauté” function. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper and saute 7-9 minutes or until mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add sherry wine, broth, mustard and flour and stir well. Add the pasta, stir.
- Set instant pot to pressure cook on high for 3-4 minutes. (see notes)
- Manually release ( placing a towel over the steam).
- Stir in the sour cream, and keep on warm setting for 5-10 minutes. Sauce will thicken slightly, but will remain “saucy” enough for dipping garlic bread.
- Sometimes for extra depth I’ll add a teaspoon of soy sauce in at the end, up to you.
Instant Pot cooking times will vary depending on pasta. A good rule of thumb is to halve the cooking time on the pasta directions on the package and subtract one minute. For example, 9 minutes on the package would be 4 minutes in the pressure cooker.
You can make this on the stove top, following the same directions, just cook the pasta separate. Cook the sauce down to desired consistancy, drain the pasta, add it to the pot and stir in sour cream last. Save some pasta water incase you want to loosen up the sauce a bit.
Keywords: mushroom stroganoff recipe, mushroom stroganoff, instant pot mushroom stroganoff, instant pot pasta, instant pot pasta recipes, pasta in an instant pot